I’d like to welcome Dawn Brower back to my blog today so we can take a look at her new release, A Treasured Lily. Take it away, Dawn!
I am very excited to share A Treasured Lily with everyone. I had a lot of fun writing it. Instead of doing the usual here is my blurb and excerpt I decided to comb through the book and pick out my top ten favorite quotes from the book. Also they are in chronological order in the story. They in their own way give you an outline to what goes on between Rand and Lily. For a game see if you can guess who said each one. The players? Well Rand and Lily of course. There is ONE though that is Thor, Viscount Torrington, Lily’s father.
Top Ten quotes for A Treasured Lily
- “I suppose I should explain it so you won’t be left in the dark. I’ll need your assistance after all.”
- “Good point. Lily has a temper and she isn’t afraid to use it.”
- “Nonsense. I’m the epitome of graciousness.”
- “There isn’t any reason to be so dramatic. My father isn’t likely to kill you.”
- “I make no excuses for my innocence. My upbringing demanded no less. What I’d like to do is rectify that with your help.”
- “I never said I didn’t want you.”
- “I’m done. I give up. You said I won, how could I have won, if I don’t have you? I’m here and I will show you what it can be like between us.”
- “Perhaps you could define what constitutes more for you? I don’t know how much I’m willing to give.”
- “No of course not. Don’t be ridiculous. I didn’t leave because of Rand. He just made it possible for me to get what I wanted.”
- “I knew you were a wanton from the moment I met you.”
What’s It About?
Lilliana needs one thing—freedom. Randall’s willing to assist her, for a fee. One kiss and he’ll help her attain her deepest desire.
What Lilliana Marsden wants—she gets. The thing she believes she desires most is to live in Charleston on a plantation. Her problem? Parents who refuse to listen to her. Lily decides to make her wishes come true and who better than a handsome American ship captain to help her.
Randall Collins finds Lilliana bewitching and quickly falls under her spell. When she asks if he can take her with him on his next voyage he finds himself agreeing—for a tiny fee. A kiss as payment and he’ll take her anywhere she wants.
As they set sail sparks fly between them. Will Lily find something more desirable than owning a plantation and can Rand convince her he’s the better choice?
Author Bio: Dawn Brower holds a Bachelor of Arts in psychology, a Master of Arts in Education, and is currently working on a Master of Arts in Liberal Arts with concentrations in Literature, History, and Sociology. She works as a substitute teacher and enjoys the flexibility it gives her to concentrate on her other endeavors.
Growing up she was the only girl out of six children. She is a single mother of two teenage boys; there is never a dull moment in her life. Reading books is her favorite hobby. There is nothing like a nice glass of wine and a good book to relax with at the end of the day.
There are always stories inside her head; she just never thought she could make them come to life. That creativity has finally found an outlet.